Estaragne 3006m - 29 April 2007

It was hard to climb this mountain in the French Pyrenees. In fact, the first time I tried it, accompanied by Luis Alcaraz, an accumulation of adverse circumstances prevented us from reaching the summit: we couldn´t get to Plan d´Estaragne by driving, we didn´t get up very early, we didn´t take enough water and we didn´t have good weather. This attempt, however, served us a useful introduction to the place and gave us some valuable experience. My characteristic stubbornness drove me to go back again two weeks later to, with great effort, conquer the summit. It´s a mountain with steep slopes, so it isn´t at all advisable to attempt it if the snow´s hard or frozen. The attached photo was taken by Luis Alcaraz on 29th April, 2007, during our first attempt of the ascent. I think it´s a sinister photo. I like it.

Esta montaña de los Pirineos franceses fue dura de subir. De hecho la primera vez que lo intenté, en compañía de Luis Alcaraz, no pudimos llegar a la cima por un cúmulo de circunstancias adversas: no pudimos llegar en coche al Plan d´Estaragne, no madrugamos mucho, no llevamos suficiente agua y no hacía buen tiempo. De todas formas el intento sirvió para conocer el lugar y coger experiencia. La terquedad que a veces me caracteriza me impulsó a volver dos semanas después para, con gran esfuerzo, conquistar la cumbre. Es una montaña con pendientes fuertes, por lo que es completamente desaconsejable si la nieve está dura o helada. La foto adjunta la hizo Luis Alcaraz el día 29 de abril de 2007, en el primer intento de ascensión. Creo que es una foto tenebrosa. Me gusta.

2 comentarios:

  1. Creo que es justo que diga que mi nombre es Marcos Fernández-Moya Ruiz. Solo respondo de mis actos ante Dios y ante el rey de España.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I hereby declare that my name is Marcos Fernández-Moya Ruiz and that I answer for my actions before, and only before, God and His Royal Highness, the King of Spain.

    ResponderEliminar