Volcán Osorno 2652m - 7 August 2011

I was lucky on this mountain because I had a 10 hour window of good weather which I was able to take advantage of. The views are terrific. Llanquihue Lake, Puntiagudo Volcano and Tronador Mount, which I took photos of, are especially striking. No photo though is a substitute for the real thing, for being there in the place itself, with the cold and the threatening cloud and the 4π steradians of vision which you really need to take it all in. I descended the mountain along its south-eastern face which is so steep (more than 50 degrees at one point, I believe) that the only thing I could think about while on the board was survival. I took the attached photo just after coming down the mountain on 7th August, 2011. It seems that before that day nobody had descended, snowboarding or skiing, that winter, so I can say that I opened the season there.

En esta montaña tuve la suerte de poder aprovechar una ventana de buen tiempo que duró unas 10 horas. Las vistas aquí son estupendas. Llaman la atención de manera especial el lago Llanquihue, el Volcán Puntiagudo y el Monte Tronador, de los que hice las correspondientes fotos. De todas formas, ninguna foto puede sustituir a la verdadera visión “in situ”. Hay que estar allí, con el frío, la nube amenazando y los 4π estereoradianes de visión para disfrutarla al máximo. Bajé la montaña por su cara Suroeste, en cuya parte alta la pendiente era tan fuerte (yo creo que en algún trozo tenía más de 50 grados) que solo la supervivencia tenía sentido encima de mi tabla. La foto adjunta la eché justo después de bajar, el día 7 de agosto de 2011. Parece ser que antes de ese día nadie había bajado esquiando o haciendo snowboard ese invierno, así que se puede decir que allí estrené la temporada.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario