Gran Paradiso 4061m - 2 May 2012

I climbed this mountain on 2 May, 2012, after intense snowfalls had accumulated which could be called a ‘big dump’: around 30 or 40 centimetres of new snow. When I got to a height of 3700 metres the sun appeared and I saw the summit as it appears in the photo. Opening up a track in such deep snow over a total rise of about a thousand metres is no small thing and I pulled muscles in both legs. Even so, I managed to endure it until the end and get to the top. Then the cloud came back and it started to snow, at which point I began to hear long, deep sounds around me. They sounded like an aeroplane flying high above but I soon realized they were avalanches, invisible to me because of the cloud cover. It was disturbing, to say the least; up there alone, unable to see much at all, with the snow falling around me. Booom…booom…. I descended following my ascent track, with very good snow, but thinking more about arriving at the hut than anything else.

Subí a esta cumbre el día 2 de mayo de 2012, tras intensas nevadas que acumularon lo que se puede llamar un paquetón: unos 30 o 40 cm de nieve nueva. Cuando llegué a una altura de 3700 metros apareció el sol y vi la cumbre como puede verse en la foto. Subir un desnivel de unos 1000 metros abriendo huella en nieve tan profunda no es poca cosa y me dieron tirones en ambas piernas. Aún así aguanté hasta el final como pude. Llegué hasta arriba. Fue entonces cuando volvió la nube, empezó a nevar y oí largos y graves sonidos a mi alrededor. Eran sonidos parecidos al de un avión volando alto, pero pronto comprendí que eran avalanchas que la nube que me cubría no me permitía ver. La sensación era inquietante como mínimo. Allí solo, sin ver un comino, nevando, buuummmmmm, buuuuuummmmmm. Bajé siguiendo mi huella de subida y con muy buena nieve, pero pensando más en llegar al refugio que en otra cosa.

1 comentario:

  1. jajaja...que peligro tienes, se me ponen los pelos de punta, cómo subes solo ???

    ResponderEliminar