Garmo Negro 3066m - 21 March 2009

The Garmo Negro, seen from the Balneario de Panticosa, is one of those summits you can´t look at without bending your neck back. The ascent is very straight and is considerably steep all the way. I have to admit that climbing this mountain made me feel really strong. The hard, early morning snow allowed me to advance at a good, solid pace. I must say too that since I´ve begun to do spinning regularly I feel fitter than before. At first I was embarrassed to talk about my new pastime. I suppose I considered it a bit like aerobics, I mean… you know, a bit of woman´s thing. No longer though; I´ve seen what good cardiovascular exercise it is. I think it´s excellent training for the mountain.

El Garmo Negro, visto desde el Balneario de Panticosa, es una de esas cimas que uno no puede mirar sin articular el cuello. La ascensión es muy directa y con pendiente apreciable todo el tiempo. Lo cierto es que cuando la subí me sentí fuerte de verdad. La dureza de la nieve temprano por la mañana me permitió avanzar con paso firme y veloz. También debo decir que desde que hago spinning con regularidad me siento más en forma que antes. Al principio me daba vergüenza decir mi nuevo hábito. Lo veía como el aerobic... Como de chicas, vamos. Pero ahora no me avergüenzo porque he visto que el spinning puede ser un ejercicio cardiovascular durísimo. Creo que es un buen entrenamiento para la montaña.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario