La Falsa Parva 3970m - 20 August 2009

When I was in Chile, in August 2009, I was both lucky and unlucky. I was lucky because the country welcomed me with abundant snowfalls that covered the mountains with a thick mantle. This allowed me to leave my tracks on very good snow on this mountain, which is just above La Parva ski resort, very close to Santiago de Chile. In the photo you can see the summit as it was on August 20th, 2009, with the capital city in the background, under a blanket of pollution. I was unlucky because the so abundant snowfalls made it too dangerous to try climbing the San José volcano (5856m), which was one of my objectives. Neither was I able to climb any of Chile’s other, smaller volcanoes because it didn´t stop snowing and raining. The solution was to fly over the Andes to Argentina, where I was awaited by radiant sunshine and scarce snow.

Cuando estuve en Chile en agosto de 2009 tuve buena y mala suerte. Buena suerte porque el país me dio la bienvenida en forma de abundantes nevadas que cubrieron las montañas de un espeso manto de nieve. Eso me permitió "trillar" nieve buenísima en esta montaña, que está justo encima de la estación de esquí de La Parva, muy cerca de Santiago de Chile. En la foto se ve la cima tal y como estaba el 20 de agosto de 2009, con la capital del país al fondo cubierta por la contaminación. Lo malo fue que las nevadas tan abundantes hicieron que fuese peligroso intentar subir al volcán San José (5856m), que era uno de mis objetivos. Tampoco pude subir a otros volcanes más pequeños de Chile porque no paraba de nevar y llover. La solución fue sobrevolar los Andes para irme a Argentina, donde sol radiante y nieve escasa me esperaban.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario