Tuc de Barlonguèra 2802m - 3 March 2013

It was hard for me to choose a photo of this great mountain in Vall d’Aran because I have so many beautiful ones, both taken from it and of it. I like to display this image full screen and listen the track “Troops of Doom” by Sepultura (Tomb) at full blast. I have been on this summit twice and on neither occasion could I see the slightest sign of human life. I couldn’t even see the geodesic vertex there. Everything was completely covered by the pristine snow.
You arrive at the summit ridge… and the silence, the fear, the unparalleled views and your own determination fill every second. And then you appreciate, for a fleeting moment, just how marvellous what you do is, be it for better or worse. My first descent of the mountain was on 3 March 2013 from the first pass to the East of the summit (at a height of 2687 metres) and the second one was on 31 March 2013 from the very summit, heading south. An extremely important moment in my life took place on this second descent. I think it was an example of one of those moments that, if what they say is true, come back to a person later, when they feel that they are approaching death. If that’s true, then I hope it doesn’t come back to me later. Although I do hope to see my friend Ricardo Elviro again, with whom I cannot fail to have a special connection. He knows why.

Me ha costado mucho elegir una foto para esta gran montaña del Vall d´Aran porque tengo muchas imágenes bonitas de ella y desde ella. Esta foto me gusta ponerla a pantalla completa y escuchar la canción de Sepultura que se llama “troops of doom” a todo trapo. He estado dos veces en esta cumbre, nunca vi rastro humano. No vi el vértice geodésico que hay allí. La nieve inmaculada lo tapó todo.
Llegas a la arista somital… silencio, miedo, vistas sin par y determinación inundan cada segundo. Ahí vislumbras la grandeza de lo que haces, para bien o para mal. Mi primer descenso de esta montaña fue el 3 de marzo de 2013 desde el primer collado que hay al este de la cumbre (a 2687 metros de altura) y el segundo fue el 31 de marzo de 2013 desde la mismísima cumbre y en dirección sur. Esta segunda vez fue un momento importante de mi vida, creo que de esos que dicen que se te aparecen cuando estás en una situación próxima a la muerte. Si eso que dicen es verdad, espero que ese momento no se me aparezca de nuevo. Sí espero ver de nuevo a mi amigo Ricardo Elviro, con quien creo que será imposible no tener una conexión especial, él sabe por qué.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario